In a dynamic country such as India, there are several ancillary industries that create an integral support structure enabling the overall development and success of the economy. Logistics is one such industry. From growing manufacturing activities, booming start up ecosystem, ease of doing business, developments in the e-commerce sector, and an increase in consumer demands, there are many growth drivers that are putting the spotlight on domestic and international logistics.
Logistics and transportation services that offer exceptional local and global connectivity serve as a major enabler of growth in trade and commerce. The sector is poised to touch a size of $215 billion by 2020, with a number of new and traditional players showcasing technology and innovation. Government reforms, changes in policies on taxation, and regulation of service providers are going to play an important role in tackling these issues, and bring down the cost to GDP from the current 14% to less than 10% by 2022.
Torque assisted ‘McDonald’s Supply Chain and Logistics’ in its communication strategies through:
- One-on-one interactions, print coverage and familiarization trips.
- Made the public aware of one of the most complex supply chains implemented forthrightly, subsequently making Brand McDonald’s the people’s favorite choice.
- Gain a positive image through stories on the approach McDonald’s took to source its food locally, introduced new crops (McDonald’s introduced lettuce to the Indian palate and enabled cultivation by transferring technical know-how and partnering with local farmers), and devised the logistics chain through Distribution Centres (DC).
- Drive an alternative thesis based on the premise of consumption, quality of food, and best practices.
Torque has been instrumental in establishing credentials of FedEx in the Indian market by:
- Managing their communication to the media and stake holders across various sectors, and building thought leadership across their audiences.
- Position FedEx as a thought leader in the industry, dominating the communications space in comparison to other key logistics competitors.
- Uniquely show case the FedEx India growth story from efficient processes, to service culture excellence, to innovative solutions, and highlight the brand as a one stop solution for shipping requirements in India that stays true to its global repute.
- Get extensive coverage for FedEx in leading national dailies and television channels such as CNN IBN.
- Concentrate on focused communication and outreach to businesses around the country while providing FedEx the access to more possibilities around the world. This has also provided the necessary push for the Indian economy to go global.
Torque has been an integral part of FedEx’s journey in India for over a decade, reflecting the vibrancy of an economy that is constantly on the move.
It was said once that the two things that kept India working was the steel rails of Railways and the Steel Frame of Indian Government. Today, the story of Indian economic growth lies firmly on the shoulders of logistic firms, be they global express courier services or supply chain firms or large shipping operations. As the economy grows at a breath taking pace, the key concern always was ‘infrastructure’. Atypical to most economies, India moved forward despite infrastructure having to catch up. And the success of movement was driven by global and Indian logistic firms that looked at the advantages of doing business in India, founds ways to do business in India and changed the way in which India did business. Over the years, Torque has been associated with many a success story in logistics, most notably the FedEx India story.
Logistics at its delivery end is a function of efficient processes, great organizations and excellence in service cultures. However, on a larger scale, it is the best possible indicator of the health of the economy as it stands today. Much before the stock market reacts or the signs of change hit employment, the volume of goods being transported give a ready picture of the economy speeding up or slowing down.
And that is the story that Torque partners where companies in logistics are more than an organization that moves goods, provides great services and delivers on time. To us, it is the story of a new India where the volume and rapidity of movement between hubs in India and around the world reflect the essential vibrancy of the economy and tells a great story of India on the move.