In a dynamic country such as India, there are several ancillary industries that create an integral support structure enabling the overall development and success of the economy. Logistics is one such industry. From growing manufacturing activities, booming start up ecosystem, ease of doing business, developments in the e-commerce sector, and an increase in consumer demands, there are many growth drivers that are putting the spotlight on domestic and international logistics.
Logistics and transportation services that offer exceptional local and global connectivity serve as a major enabler of growth in trade and commerce. The sector is poised to touch a size of $215 billion by 2020, with a number of new and traditional players showcasing technology and innovation. Government reforms, changes in policies on taxation, and regulation of service providers are going to play an important role in tackling these issues, and bring down the cost to GDP from the current 14% to less than 10% by 2022.
Torque assisted ‘McDonald’s Supply Chain and Logistics’ in its communication strategies through:
- One-on-one interactions, print coverage and familiarization trips.
- Made the public aware of one of the most complex supply chains implemented forthrightly, subsequently making Brand McDonald’s the people’s favorite choice.
- Gain a positive image through stories on the approach McDonald’s took to source its food locally, introduced new crops (McDonald’s introduced lettuce to the Indian palate and enabled cultivation by transferring technical know-how and partnering with local farmers), and devised the logistics chain through Distribution Centres (DC).
- Drive an alternative thesis based on the premise of consumption, quality of food, and best practices.
Torque has been instrumental in establishing credentials of FedEx in the Indian market by:
- Managing their communication to the media and stake holders across various sectors, and building thought leadership across their audiences.
- Position FedEx as a thought leader in the industry, dominating the communications space in comparison to other key logistics competitors.
- Uniquely show case the FedEx India growth story from efficient processes, to service culture excellence, to innovative solutions, and highlight the brand as a one stop solution for shipping requirements in India that stays true to its global repute.
- Get extensive coverage for FedEx in leading national dailies and television channels such as CNN IBN.
- Concentrate on focused communication and outreach to businesses around the country while providing FedEx the access to more possibilities around the world. This has also provided the necessary push for the Indian economy to go global.
Torque has been an integral part of FedEx’s journey in India for over a decade, reflecting the vibrancy of an economy that is constantly on the move.